Medical Marijuana Patient “Cards”
Each State’s Medical Marijuana Program Requires
Your MD will actually provide your a LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION, IN MOST CASES. The ID Card available at the clinic is of little value to peace officers or enforcement – THEY would prefer to have you get a COUNTY HEALTH CARD – which your local county health department will provide to you – for an additional fee. The “Official” card from your Health Dept is seen, by law enforcement, as a less likely item to be “fake” than letters, even originals! Because the county health department will ask for ID and your letter, verify you and your patient status – law enforcement tends to immediately recognize the “county card” as a valid form of patient identification.
California and other states require the medical marijuana patient candidate to:
- Seek the Advice of an Licensed Medical Doctor to Request a WRITTEN and VERIFIABLE Medical Marijuana “recommendation letter” suggesting that the patient may receive relief from it’s use
Some Clinics offer identification ID cards – however – clubs and collectives REQUIRE the original letter – so these cards are more for show and quick ID AFTER you have verified at a club or your collective.
- Each state has a specific set of “guidelines” that describe the contents of that recommendation letter, along with how the doctor can identify the use and method of ingestion, suggestions, for the patient.
- Medical Marijuana CARDs or IDs may also be required from local city or county health departments | these cards are IN ADDITION TO any form of ID or card given to you by a clinic or your collective
- And your state’s photo ID or a driver’s license is normally required, as well
- MEDICAL RECOMMENDATIONS DO NOT STATE HOW MUCH Plant material can or should be cultivated. Total allowable cultivation, for personal use, is regulated by local laws and ordinances – anything over a garden for PERSONAL NEED is a matter between YOU and your Collective or CLUB | Not a physician
- Take care where clinics advertise “Cultivation or Cultivator’s Licenses” – they just don’t exist!If they “did exist” – a city, county or state government would – by common sense – be the entity to issue and govern such a “license” so that they could also enforce the law, ordinance or guideline – not a clinic – it’s just common sense … DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY or risk your rights … double check with local agencies to find out your cultivation limits, rights and responsibilities …or ….
Learn More About the new changes! At our upcoming seminar!
How to Become A Medical Marijuana Patient **
- Medical Marijuana “doctor’s recommendation”;
- Medical Marijuana CARD or ID required
- Use and General Medical Benefits of Marijuana
for internal and external use
- Medical Marijuana Law & Patient Rights for Consumption, Cultivation, Processing and Distribution through your club
- Uses and History of Marijuana
- Review current “popular” and scientific studies and medical conclusions
- Go over symptoms, which can be controlled and relieved by cannabis
- Review methods of ingestion and tools and processing for each
- Review potency, pesticides, and genetics – variables that affect use and results
Medical Marijuana Law
Links open in pop-up windows (original post at NORML)
About the NORML
MARIJUANA State Law Map
This map summarizes state marijuana laws and if you
click on it – we will open a window so you can explore
all the details NORML – one of our pioneering advocacy
groups – keeps updated though your membership and
support. Please consider joining NORML HERE and
help further through your membership!
Check your state for up-to-date information on:
- marijuana laws and penalties
- arrest reports
- tax stamps
- drugged driving – DUID
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.